InMessage, operated by Mobile Flame Ltd., is an online dating app where you can chat and meet interesting people all over the world. Your privacy is a top priority to us and we appreciate that you put your trust in us. We are committed to the responsible management, use and protection of personal information.
Information We Collect
Information you choose to give us
When you interact with our services, we collect the information that you choose to share with us. This may include, but is not limited to, the following:
- When you create an InMessage account, you provide us with your login credentials and some basic details about you, such as a nickname you would like to go by, your gender and date of birth.
- When you complete your profile, you can share with us more details about your personality, lifestyle, interests, etc. In order to add photos, you may allow us to access your camera or photo album. When you add certain content to your profile, you choose to provide that information with us and you consent to our processing of that information.
- When you participate in surveys, you provide us with your opinions on our products and services, as well as responses to our questions.
- Of course, we also process your chats with other users as well as the content you publish, as part of the operation of the services.
Information collected when you use our services
When you use our services, we collect information about which of those services you’ve used, how you’ve used them and the devices you use to access those services. See below for more details:
- Usage Information. We collect information about your activity on our services. For example, we may collect information about:
- how you interact with our services, such as date and time you logged in, advertising that you click on and which filters you apply to Nearby.
- how you communicate with other InMessage users, such as the time and date of your chats, the number of messages you exchange with your friends and which friends you exchange messages with the most.
- Device information. We collect information from and about the device(s) you use to access our services. For example, we collect:
- information about your hardware and software, such as the hardware model, operating system version, device memory, advertising identifiers, unique application identifiers, apps installed, unique device identifiers, browser type, language, battery level, and time zone.
- information from device sensors, such as accelerometers, gyroscopes, compasses, microphones, and whether you have headphones connected.
- information about your wireless and mobile network connections, such as your service provider and signal strength.
- Other information with your consent
- Camera and Photos. Many of our services require us to collect images and other information from your device’s camera and photos. For example, you won’t be able to upload photos from your camera roll to your profile unless we can access your camera or photos.
- Location Information. When you use our services we may collect information about your location. With your permission, we may also collect information about your precise location using methods that include GPS, wireless networks, cell towers, Wi-Fi access points, and other sensors, such as gyroscopes, accelerometers, and compasses.
- Microphone. Microphone permission is only required for recording audio so that you can send audio messages to others. It needs access to your device's microphone and does not record audio for any harmful purposes.
Information we receive from others
In addition to the information you provide us directly, we receive information about you from others, including:
- Social Media. You may be able to use your social media login (such as Facebook Login) to create and log into your InMessage account. This saves you from having to remember yet another user name and password and allows you to share some information from your social media account with us. Additionally, you can link your InMessage account to multiple socia media accounts (such as an Instagram account) to share some information (such as your Instagram photos) with us.
- Third Party Advertising Partners. We work with third party advertising partners to provide personalized ads for you. Our partners include but are not limited to Google AdMob, DoubleClick Ad Exchange, DoubleClick for Publishers, Facebook Audience Network, MoPub, Amazon, Fyber, Smaato, Baidu, and etc. Our partners may collect hardware and software information such as IP address, device ID and type, advertising IDs (such as Google's AAID and Apple's IDFA, both of which are randomly generated numbers that you can reset by going into your device' settings), device language, operating system, time zones, and identifiers associated with cookies or other technologies that may uniquely identify your device. You may find more details about our partners in links below:
How We Use Information
The main reason we use your information is to develop, deliver and improve our products and services. Additionally, we use your information for the following reasons:
- create and manage your account.
- analyze your profile and that of other users to recommend meaningful connections.
- monitor and analyze trends and usage.
- enhance the safety and security of our products and services.
- verify your identity and prevent fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity.
- conduct research and analysis of users’ behavior to improve our services and content.
- process and complete your transactions.
- send you confirmations, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages and otherwise facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, our services;
- provide you with customer support and respond to your requests.
- comply with legal requirements and assist law enforcement.
- enforce our Terms of Service and other usage policies.
To process your information as described above, we rely on the following legal bases:
- Provide our service to you. Most of the time, the reason we process your information is to perform the contract that you have with us. For instance, as you go about using our service to build meaningful connections, we use your information to maintain your account and your profile, to make it viewable to other users and recommend other users to you.
- Legitimate interests. We may use your information where we have legitimate interests to do so. For instance, we analyze users’ behavior on our services to continuously improve our offerings, we suggest offers we think might interest you, and we process information for administrative, fraud detection and other legal purposes.
- Consent. From time to time, we may ask for your consent to use your information for certain specific reasons. You may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at the address provided at the end of the Policy.
How We Share Information
We may share information about you in the following ways:
- With other InMessage users. We may share the following information with other InMessage users:
- information about you, such as your public profile information.
- information about how you have interacted with our services.
- content you post or send, such as your public album photos.
- any additional information you have directed us to share.
- With our service providers and partners. We use third parties to help us operate and improve our services. These third parties assist us with various tasks, including data hosting and maintenance, analytics, customer care, marketing, advertising, payment processing and security operations. We may also share with third parties advertisers aggregated, non-personally identifiable, or de-identified information.
- With our affiliates. We may share information with entities within the Mobile Flame Ltd. family of companies.
- With third parties for legal reasons. We may share information about you if we reasonably believe that disclosing the information is needed to:
- comply with any valid legal process, governmental request, or applicable law, rule, or regulation.
- investigate, remedy, or enforce potential Terms of Service violations.
- protect the rights, property, and safety of us, our users, or others.
- detect and resolve any fraud or security concerns.
How Long We Keep Your Information
We keep your personal information only as long as we need it for legitimate business purposes and as permitted by applicable law. In practice, we delete or anonymize your information upon deletion of your account or after two years of continuous inactivity. You can delete your account at any time in the app settings, and your account will not be visible on the services anymore. However, in order to protect your safety and prevent fraud, we may retain your account information for three months.
Keep in mind that even though our systems are designed to carry out deletion practices according to the above guidelines, we cannot promise that deletion will occur within a specific timeframe due to technical constraints.
Control over Your Information
We want you to be in control of your information, so we provide you with the following tools:
- Revoking permissions. If you let us use your information, you can always change your mind and simply revoke your permission by changing the settings on your device if your device offers those options. Of course, if you do that, certain services may lose full functionality.
- Accessing / Updating your information. You can access, update or delete your profile information in the app. You can also request a copy of your personal information by sending us emails. However, for your protection and the protection of all of our users, we may ask you to provide proof of identity before we can answer the above requests and we may reject requests for certain reasons.
- Deletion. You can delete your InMessage account by using the corresponding functionality directly on the service.
- Uninstall. You can stop all information collection by an app by uninstalling it using the standard uninstall process for your device. If you uninstall the app from your mobile device, the unique identifier associated with your device will continue to be stored. If you re-install the application on the same mobile device, we will be able to re-associate this identifier to your previous transactions and activities.
How We Protect Your Information
We work hard to protect you personal information. We regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks and regularly review our information collection, storage and processing practices to update our physical, technical and organizational security measures. We may suspend your use of all or part of the services without notice if we suspect or detect any breach of security. However, as with all technology companies, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information will always remain secure.
Our services are not intended for anyone under the age of 18. We don’t knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 18. If we learn that anyone under the age of 18 has registered and provided us with personal information, we will take steps to terminate that person’s registration and delete their profile information from InMessage.
Changes to the Policy
Any information that is collected is subject to the Policy in effect at the time such information is collected. We may, however, modify the Policy from time to time. If we make any material changes to this Policy, we will notify you of such changes by posting them on InMessage or by other notification, and we will indicate when such changes will become effective. By continuing to access or use InMessage after those changes become effective, you are agreeing to have your information collected, used and disclosed as described in the modified Policy.
If you have any questions about this Policy, you can contact us through email: email@example.com